Break free of the classroom with a school adventure
Why book an Educational Adventure?
Since our humble beginning in 2007, Rincones de Mi Pais has taken travellers to the four corners of the country, from the steamy jungles of Sierra de Bahoruco to the pre hispanic aboriginal anthropological research or the traditional Organic Cacao farms. And every time we travel, we learn something new. With a focus on safe and innovative travel, our Educational Adventures open kids up to unique experiences and help bring the classroom to life. Packed with physical and mental challenges and focusing on interaction with the local communities, our itineraries help students develop a greater understanding and respect for the world.
Travel provides students with the opportunity to develop and grow a range of skills and attributes which will benefit them for years to come including leadership, self-confidence, teamwork and compassion.
Our Private Groups team can arrange for students to visit or participate in community projects that we support. These projects cover areas such as health care, education, human rights, child welfare, sustainable development, environmental protection, animal welfare and wildlife protection.
If you would rather support a different project, or visit a particular school or organization during your stay, that’s okay too. Flexible travel is one of our core beliefs, and we can usually assist in travel arrangements and build these unique visits into an itinerary just for you.
Why choose RDMP for your next schools group adventure?
Here are 10 reasons why you should book your next Educational Adventure with us:
- Travel your way: Tailor an itinerary especially for your school. We can provide local or private transport and we have a range of different accommodation levels to suit any budget.
- Freedom and flexibility: Alter your itinerary to complement your curriculum. Include as many or as few activities as you like, see the sights straight out of the textbooks and customise trip details as you go.
- Unique experiences: Get an up-close look at different cultures. Stay and live the local way, through a homestay, cooking class or project visit.
- Responsible travel: We contribute directly to local economies, and our community support projects can educate students on positive changes driving local communities.
- Safety: All our leaders are trained in first aid, and we have stringent policies and procedures in place to minimise risks to our passengers.
- Local leaders, local knowledge: We like to use local leaders on our trips so your students can get an understanding of a destination from someone who actually lives there.
- Innovative and interactive itineraries: We like to focus more on insights than just sights. Our trips give students a local perspective that incorporates real life experiences along the way.
- It’s all in the journey: Half the fun of travel is the travelling itself. On our itineraries we can include a range of transport options from bicycles to junk boats and even camels!
- Expert leaders: Our leaders help you make the most out of your adventure, with ideas on activities, places to eat, and give insights into language and culture.
- Specialist Groups Department: Our consultants are specialists in their region to help you get the most out of your itinerary.
Need inspiration? Here are some questions to get you thinking:
• What destinations/cities would you like to include in the itinerary?
• When would you like to travel and for how long?
• How many students/teachers will be travelling?
• What accommodation standard would you be looking at?
• What subject is this for? (This will help us to include activities that are relevant for the group)
• What experiences are you hoping to provide for your students?
Where to from here?
So you have decided to take your students on an Educational Adventure, you’ve worked out where you want to go, and believe we’re the best people to take you there.
Great! So what’s next? Just send us a mail and one of our Private Group specialists will help put together the perfect itinerary for you.