Saona Island Private Tour From Santo Domingo
Get to know in a different way Saona Island, the most visited natural destination on the country. The Saona Island Private Tour is your perfect opportunity to discover the wonderful scenery of idyllic beaches and the cultural aspects of Cotubanamá National Park.
Our ecotour adventure takes you off the beaten path to discover virgin beaches, mangrove forests, coastal lagoons. with incredible views. Enjoy an amazing lunch at the traditional fishing village of Mano Juan, visit a local turtle conservation center, take a dip in an amazing sand bar in the middle of the ocean and more.
A day of nature , that will immerse you in the true essence of the Dominican Republic has to give.
Experience the nature and living culture of this beautiful country !
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
- You will enjoy different tour nature and culture oriented in a sustainable manner.
- You will swim with starfish at the natural pool
- You can see The Rock, one of the points that show the geological formation of the island.
- You venture inside the forest of dwarf mangroves a singularity of this National Park
- You will be amazed by the permanent flora and fauna.
- You will explore the picturesque villages of Bayahibe and Mano Juan and will interact with the locals.
- You will taste the delicious local food.
- You can meet and support the Center for sea turtle conservation and hopefully see baby turtles.
- A wonderful beach time in one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean.
We pick you up from any hotel in Santo Domingo City.
10 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point
Private Tour Pricing from Santo Domingo:
Solo Travelers Contact us
Group of 2 $260.00 (per participant)
Group of 3 $190.00 (per participant)
Group of 4 $150.00 (per participant)
Group of 5 $130.00 (per participant)
Group from 6 to 7 $125.00 (per participant)
Group from 8 to 10 $110.00 (per participant)
Group from 11 to 12 $105.00 (per participant)
13 or more person private tour: Contact us
*2 Kids age 10 and under travel free. (2 adult minimum)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle transportation
- Tour guide
- Park entrance fees
- Safety equipment
- Light refreshments
- Dominican Style lunch
- Liquors, beers and alcoholic bottled beverages
Saona Island Private Tour
This full day private tour begins with your hotel pick up by one of our experienced, English speaking nature guides. After a ride in our comfortable vehicles for approx one and a half hours, we’ll arrive to Bayahibe, a vibrant fishermen village situated right next to the Cotubanamá National Park. This is the gateway to Saona Island, the largest of the adjacent islands of the Dominican Republic, visited by thousands every year and becoming the most visited natural attraction of the island.
At Bayahibe beach you’ll take a boat tour to and around the coastal part of the national park and to Saona Island. Along the way you will visit to visit to Palmillas “natural pool” (opportunity to bathe in the middle of the ocean on an amazing sand bar), beautiful mangroves , visit and freetime at local fishing village at Mano Juan, including a visit to Marine Turtle conservation project and sanctuary on the island.
Finally you’ll taste the delicious traditional lunch prepared with fresh ingredients by the locals of Mano Juan.
This will be undoubtedly an unforgettable day full of rewarding experiences in an area of outstanding natural beauty. One of the most beautiful excursions available throughout the Dominican Republic.
Your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off or at the original starting point in Santo Domingo.
- No minimum age to do Saona Island Tour.
- We recommend you bring comfortable clothes, closed shoes, bathing suit and towel, sunscreen, camera, extra money for tips, souvenirs and photos. As well as an extra set of dry clothes.
- Travelling time is subject to favorable weather conditions.
- It may be necessary leave early due to bad weather.
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking.
- Times are estimates.
If you do not stay in Santo Domingo we can arrange another meeting point. Our service department can help you book a transfer or a taxi to get there, you must request it when booking this tour. This could involve additional costs.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
All our products and itineraries are designed for you to make sustainable tourism. We are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
On This Tour
- Culture: Food and Refreshments are preferably made by small business or communitary clusters. We encourage our travellers to try local food made with love and passion by our suppliers.
- Nature: Saona Island is part of the National Protected Areas System. Your visit will support the sea turtle conservation project as we do as well. We strongly encourage our travellers to enjoy nature without disturbing it and leaving the place in better conditions than we found it.
- Community: All amenities are managed by community members or individuals of Bayahibe and Mano Juan. We are doing efforts to establish politics of sustainable travel and green management of natural resources.
This tour incorporates a community-driven destination
We only select reliable, experts operators in each destination, which conform to our values of sustainability and solidarity . In this case we are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.