Santo Domingo Private Tour
Santo Domingo For First Time Visitors Private Tour
If you are visiting Santo Domingo for first time, this sightseeing tour is specially designed for you. Get an overview of Santo Domingo — the capital of the Dominican Republic — on this 3-hour city sightseeing tour.
As the oldest colonial city in the Americas, an extraordinary number of New World firsts took place here (the first cathedral, university, monastery, nunnery and hospital, among many others) .
Visit the World Heritage-listed Colonial Zone, Get amazed with The three Eyes Caves National Park, and admire the most important iconic places of the city for a relaxing introduction to Santo Domingo.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
- Get to know the most important firsts constructions and institutions in the New World.
- Visit the UNESCO’S World Heritage Site.
- Discover historic sites for the Independence of the Republic.
- Get the pulse of the modern city
- Admire the beautiful interior lakes of the Three Eyes Caves National Park.
We pick you up from any hotel in Santo Domingo City.
3 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point
Private Tour Pricing from Santo Domingo:
Group of 1 $132.00 (per participant)
Group of 2 $98.00 (per participant)
Group of 3 $85.00 (per participant)
Group from 4 to 5 $75.00 (per participant)
Group from 6 to 7 $70.00 (per participant)
Group from 8 to 12 $65.00 (per participant)
13 or more person private tour: Contact us
*2 Kids age 10 and under travel free. (2 adult minimum)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle transportation
- Tour guide
- Three Eyes Caves entrance fees
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
Itinerary for a Full day Tour
What You Can Expect
Your sightseeing tour of Santo Domingo starts at San Jose Fort Park, in the heart of the colonial district neighborhood. Here you’ll hop on in our vehicle to start the sightseeing of the city.
Throughout the tour, your guide will explain about the city’s history, the nature and the culture. We’ll begin at Los Tres Ojos national Park, a cave with three interior blue lakes or cenotes within a micro rainforest, then we will briefly enter the modern city and then finish at the Colonial Zone — a UNESCO World Heritage Site — where we’ll have a short walk. Finishing at Columbus Park where you’ll refresh with a Dominican cold beer.
1. Three Eyes Cave National Park
2. Columbus Lighthouse
3. Ozama River
4. San Diego’s Gate
5. San Jose Fort
6. Obelisk Financial Independence Monument
7. Mercy Gate
8. Independence Park
9. Altar of the Homeland
10. National Palace
11. First Convent
12. First University
13. First Hospital
14. First Monastery
15. First Palace
16. First Customs
17. First Restaurant
18. First Tavern
19. First Paved Road
20. First Court
21. First Military Fortress
22. First Cathedral
23. Colonial Sundial
24. National Pantheon
25. Modern City of Santo Domingo
Short walks at Three Eyes Caves (A lot of steps) and Colonial City.
This Santo Domingo tour will end at Calle El Conde, where we’ll leave you free to further explore sights, and give you tips on which restaurants to visit and secret local spots to call into.
After this tour you can then have the opportunity to visit by yourself the museums or places that you like the most.
Your Tour start at 9:00 a.m. from Santo Domingo
- The minimum age to do Damajagua 27 Waterfall is 10 years.
- We recommend you bring comfortable clothes, closed shoes, bathing suit and towel, sunscreen, camera, extra money for tips, souvenirs and photos. As well as an extra set of dry clothes.
- Damajagua 27 Waterfalls is not recommended for people with heart conditions, reduced mobility, disabled, or pregnant women.
- Travelling time is subject to favorable weather conditions.
- It may be necessary leave early due to bad weather.
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking.
- Times are estimates.
If you do not stay in Santo Domingo we can arrange another meeting point. Our service department can help you book a transfer or a taxi to get there, you must request it when booking this tour. This could involve additional costs.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
All our products and itineraries are designed for you to make sustainable tourism. We are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
On This Tour
- Culture: Food and Refreshments are preferably made by small business or communitary clusters. We encourage our travellers to try local food made with love and passion by our suppliers.
- Nature: Damajagua Waterfalls is a Natural Monument part of the National Protected Areas System. We strongly encourage our travellers to enjoy nature without disturbing it and leaving the place in better conditions than we found it.
- Community: Damajagua Waterfalls facilities are managed by the community, and they are a successful example of sustainably management of natural resources.
This tour incorporates a community-driven destination
We only select reliable, experts operators in each destination, which conform to our values of sustainability and solidarity . In this case we are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.