Monte Plata Waterfalls Private Tour From Santo Domingo
Visit three of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Dominican Republic on a magical day full of adventure, nature and culture. Monte Plata waterfalls tour includes a visit to Salto del Socoa Waterfalls and the three stunning waterfalls of Salto Alto, impressive waterfall in the middle of a dense tropical forest.
Learn about traditions and culture with a visit to the village of Bayaguana with its beautiful colorful houses. Strong religious culture represented by the sanctuary of the Holy Christ of the Miracles will immerse you in just one day, in the true essence of what Dominican Republic has to give.
Finally you will taste the delicious typical local food with the countryside flavor made with love by community cook .
This is one of the best options if you don’t want to spend too much time on the road. In addition, this private tour give you a one of a kind chance to see a part of the Dominican Republic not frequented by tourists.
Choose your date, and our expert local guide will lead you, with personal treatment, passion and fun!
What a great day at Monte Plata Waterfalls amazing eco adventure!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- The beautiful mountain landscapes and picturesque villages you will find along the way.
- The visit to the town of Bayaguana and his sanctuary.
- The Visit to Socoa Waterfall
- The great local atmosphere at Comatillo river.
- The breathtaking waterfalls of Salto Alto, with her three sisters waterfalls and natural swimming pool.
- You will taste the inland authentic local food .
We pick you up from any hotel in Santo Domingo City. (Other starting point available around the country)
7 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point.
Private Tour Pricing from Santo Domingo:
Solo Travelers Contact us
Group of 2 $140.00 (per participant)
Group of 3 $130.00 (per participant)
Group of 4 $120.00 (per participant)
Group of 5 $110.00 (per participant)
Group of 6 $100.00 (per participant)
Group of 7 $90.00 (per participant)
Group of 8 $85.00 (per participant)
Group from 9 to 10 $75.00 (per participant)
Group from 11 to 12 $70.00 (per participant)
Group from 13 or more person: Contact us
*2 Kids age 10 and under travel free. (2 adult minimum)
- Tour guide
- Light refreshments (Water, Soda, Cookies)
- Entrance fees
- Dominican Style lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tips for guides or drivers
Monte Plata Waterfalls Private Tour
7 Hours, Full Day Tour
This full day private tour begins with your hotel pick up. After a comfortable ride in our comfortable vehicles for about 1 and a half hours and a little walk, we will arrive the first of Monte Plata Waterfalls, Salto del Socoa (Socoa Waterfall) a beautiful waterfall that comes from the deep in the tropical forest, with a natural emerald pool at its base.
We continue to Bayaguana, to visit the Sanctuary of Holy Christ of the Miracles in its colonial Church. The more adventurous will refresh with a fresh coconut or try the local specialty of the traditional milk sweets and fresh cheese. We continue our route to Sierra de Agua and stop at Comatillo Waterfalls and finally get to the breathtaking waterfalls of Salto Alto where you can have a refreshing bath.
A succulent traditional lunch awaits us with authentic inland local food famous in our travels.
This is one of the most comprehensive nature and culture tours available throughout the Dominican Republic.
Your tour ends at the hotel or at the original starting point in Santo Domingo.
- The recommended minimum age to Monte Plata Waterfalls is 8 years.
- We recommend you bring comfortable clothes, closed shoes, bathing suit and towel, sunscreen, camera, extra money for tips, souvenirs and photos.
- It is not recommended for people with heart conditions, reduced mobility, disabled, or pregnant women.
- Travelling time is subject to favorable weather conditions.
- It may be necessary leave early due to bad weather.
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking.
- Times are estimates.
If you do not stay in Santo Domingo we can arrange another meeting point. Our service department can help you book a transfer or a taxi to get there, you must request it when booking this tour.
If you cancel at least 7 day (s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
All our products and itineraries are designed for you to make sustainable tourism. We are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
On This Tour
- Culture: Monte Plata Waterfalls are located in the middle of the country, a rural area rich with traditions and very friendly lifestyle. You will see communities where you’ll be able to experience by yourself the rural traditions, the dominican family of the countryside, the music and the food. Food and Refreshments are preferably made by small business or communitary clusters. We encourage our travellers to try local food made with love and passion by our suppliers.
- Nature: Some of the waterfalls are located on a national preserve, you may have nature and wildlife interaction mainly with birds, plants and insects. We strongly encourage our travellers to enjoy nature without disturbing it and leaving the place in better conditions than we found it.
- Community: We use in this tour local services: Travel guides, local refreshments and suggest the use of attractions, activities, restaurants and accommodation of the destination.
This tour incorporates elements of a community-driven destination
We only select reliable, experts operators in each destination, which conform to our values of sustainability and solidarity . In this case we are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
Do you have a larger group of 12 people? No problem, everyone fits in a Private Group trip