Los Haitises National Park Private Tour from Santo Domingo
Discover the jewel of the ecotourism of the island. Admire hundreds of islets teeming with wildlife and pictographs filled caves of the Taino ancestors.
First of all you’ll have a fabulous boat ride through it’s stunning mangroves and explore the virgin tropical rainforest. Then discover the island’s initial history visiting two astonishing caves loaded with Taino Indian art. In addition you’ll have an opportunity to chill in a secluded beach amidst Los Haitises National Park. Finally enjoy a delicious traditional lunch made with local recipes.
Just choose your date, and you’ll a get a tour in comfortable transportation, excellent travel guide, personal treatment, and a lot of fun!
You’ll explore island nature, history and culture , Los Haitises National Park Private Tour has it all!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- Discover the caves and admire the intricate wall paintings of the Taino people.
- Enjoy a boat ride through the mangrove forest, between the islands of the national park.
- Take a refreshing dip in the ocean at a secluded beach only locals know about.
- Eat a delicious local lunch at Sabana de La Mar
We pick you up from any hotel in Santo Domingo City.
11 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point
Private Tour Pricing from Santo Domingo:
Solo Travelers Contact us
Group of 2 $215.00 (per participant)
Group of 3 $160.00 (per participant)
Group of 4 $140.00 (per participant)
Group from 5 to 7 $120.00 (per participant)
Group of 8 $100.00 (per participant)
Group from 9 to 12 $95.00 (per participant)
Group from 13 or more person: Contact us
*2 Kids age 10 and under travel free. (2 adult minimum)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle transportation
- Tour guide
- Park entrance fees
- Safety equipment
- Light refreshments
- Dominican Style lunch
- Liquors, beers and alcoholic bottled beverages
Los Haitises National Park Private Tour
This full day tour begins with your hotel pick up. We will cross the island in our comfortable vehicles for about 3 hours and arrive Caño Hondo arrive at a point just on the edge of the National Park section. This is the gateway to Los Haitises National Park, which means mountainous terrain by the hundreds of hills or hummocks that make up a unique karst system in the world.
A boat ride, will take us along the dense mangrove forest. We’ll visit the cave of St. Gabriel, The Line Cave with its countless Taino pictographs and The Sand Cave, with its beautiful interior beach. Then a delicious traditional lunch awaits us in Sabana de La Mar, a city full of history in the Bay of Samana. Los Haitises National Park tour is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful excursions available throughout the Dominican Republic.
Your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off or at the original starting point in Santo Domingo.
- No minimum age to do Los Haitises National Park Tour.
- We recommend you bring comfortable clothes, closed shoes, bathing suit and towel, sunscreen, camera, extra money for tips, souvenirs and photos. As well as an extra set of dry clothes.
- Travelling time is subject to favorable weather conditions.
- It may be necessary leave early due to bad weather.
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking.
- Times are estimates.
If you do not stay in Santo Domingo we can arrange another meeting point. Our service department can help you book a transfer or a taxi to get there, you must request it when booking this tour. This could involve additional costs.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
All our products and itineraries are designed for you to make sustainable tourism. We are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
On This Tour
- Culture: Food and Refreshments are preferably made by small business or communitary clusters. We encourage our travellers to try local food made with love and passion by our suppliers.
- Nature: Los Haitises National Park holds one of the vast biodiversity of the island and the caribbean. We strongly encourage our travellers to enjoy nature without disturbing it and leaving the place in better conditions than we found it.
- Community: Maritime transportation, lunch and stops are services done by the community. We are doing efforts to establish politics of sustainable travel and green management of natural resources with this community.
This tour incorporates a community-driven destination
We only select reliable, experts operators in each destination, which conform to our values of sustainability and solidarity . In this case we are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.