Even during dry season is a refreshing experience
Limon Waterfalls Private Tour
Discover Limon Waterfalls, one of the most popular natural attractions of the island in a private full-day tour from Santo Domingo.
You will cross the island from south to north and enjoy a scenic drive through the rugged mountainous interior of the Samana peninsula, followed by a horseback ride from one of the farms the village El Limon that will take you to the waterfall.
Finally you will have free time to enjoy the scenery and take a dip at the bottom of beautiful waterfall. An exciting private tour, just for you with all inclusive from Santo Domingo.
Choose your date, and our expert local guide will lead you, with personal treatment, passion and fun!
Limon Waterfalls Horse Ride Adventure! Amazing experience!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- You’ll find breathtaking waterfalls in the middle of the rainforest.
- You will discover exotic plants and exotic fruits
- You will enjoy a refreshing dip on a natural pool
- You’ll have the best travel memories with beautiful pictures.
- You will enjoy the delicious local food made with the real countryside taste
- Admire the magnificent of this waterfall in the middle of the tropical wilderness.
- Feel the water spray refreshing your face in this natural paradise.
- Enjoy one of the country’s best horseback rides in the tropical rain forest.
- Chill out swimming in the natural pool of incredible emerald color.
- Explore Samana’s Sierra, with a nice views of coconut palms forest.
- Soak up the local culture of Samana people.
- Delicious lunch and dominican refreshments at the rancho.
- Admire the caribbean flavor and beautiful landscape of Samana City.
Your Hotel in Santo Domingo
10 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point
Private Tour Pricing from Santo Domingo:
Solo Travelers Contact us
Group of 2 $190.00 (per participant)
Group of 3 $140.00 (per participant)
Group of 4 $120.00 (per participant)
Group from 5 to 7 $115.00 (per participant)
Group from 8 to 9 $110.00 (per participant)
Group of 10 $105.00 (per participant)
Group of 11 $100.00 (per participant)
Group of 12 $95.00 (per participant)
13 or more person private tour: Contact us
*2 Kids age 10 and under travel free. (2 adult minimum)
- Tour guide
- Light refreshments (Water, Soda, Cookies)
- Entrance fees
- Dominican Style lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
Limon Waterfall Private Tour
This full day tour begins with your hotel pick up. Later a journey in our comfortable vehicles for about 3 and a half hours, will take us to El Limón, a small town nestled in the hills of the Samaná Peninsula. This is the gateway to Cascada El Limón, a 150-foot (45-meter) waterfall set amid the lush tropical forest of the peninsula’s highlands.
Your guide will pair you with a horse for your 30-minute ride to the waterfall. While your horse crosses rivers and navigates the rugged forest terrain, you can look around and soak up the gorgeous scenery.
A 10 minute hike through steep trails lead to the waterfall, where you have time to enjoy the natural pool and relax in this peaceful surroundings.
Then return to El Limón by horseback, and head back to Santo Domingo, stopping along the way in Samana City to enjoy the beaty of thes jewel of Dominican Republic.
Your tour ends with hotel drop-off in Santo Domingo.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Suited for all levels of horseback riding experience
- It is recommended that you bring/wear a swimsuit, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, shoes that can get wet and a change of dry clothes (even if you don’t swim, you will get a bit wet during the horseback ride)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Times are estimated.
If you do not stay in Santo Domingo we can arrange another meeting point. Our service department can help you book a transfer or a taxi to get there, you must request it when booking this tour.
If you cancel at least 7 day (s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
All our products and itineraries are designed for you to make sustainable tourism. We are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
On This Tour
- Culture: Samaná province has a rich cultural heritage from the origins with spaniards, french, english, free slaves from New Orleans and Louisiana. This mix of cultures creates one of the most original and diverse cultural expression in the whole country. The Music, the food and the friendly and charming way of the people, are undoubtedly unforgettable. Food and Refreshments are preferably made by small business or communitary clusters. We encourage our travellers to try local food made with love and passion by our suppliers.
- Nature: The waterfalls are located in a national preserve, you may have nature and wildlife interaction mainly with birds, plants and insects. We strongly encourage our travellers to enjoy nature without disturbing it and leaving the place in better conditions than we found it.
- Community: We use in this tour local services: Travel guides, local refreshments and suggest the use of attractions, activities, restaurants and accommodation of the destination.
This tour incorporates elements of a community-driven destination
We only select reliable, experts operators in each destination, which conform to our values of sustainability and solidarity . In this case we are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
Do you have a larger group of 12 people? No problem, everyone fits in a Private Group trip