This is what we call the mountain is calling and I must go!
Jima Waterfalls Private Tour From Santo Domingo
Explore the rainforest of the Jima river on a private tour for nature lovers. Jima Waterfalls tour is an eco adventure to the outskirts of Central Mountain range in Bonao.
While you enjoy a light walking into national preserve, you’ll admire the dirt trails, the old cocoa farms with fruits. The natural pools are always along the river leading you to the big waterfall of 50 foot tall where you can take a refreshing dip.
Finally you will taste the delicious typical local food with the countryside flavor made with love by Casilda in the nearby rural community .
If you are looking for a taste of the real Dominican Republic and don’t want to spend too much time on the road this is your best option.
Choose your date, and our expert local guide will lead you, with personal treatment, passion and fun!
Gorgeous Waterfalls at the rainforest! The food at the family home was my preferred part of the trip.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
- You’ll find breathtaking waterfalls in the middle of the rainforest.
- You will discover exotic plants and exotic fruits
- You will see old coffee and cocoa plantations on the way.
- You will enjoy a refreshing dip on a natural pool
- You’ll have the best travel memories with beautiful pictures.
- You will enjoy the delicious local food made with the real countryside taste
Your Hotel in Santo Domingo
7 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point
Private Tour Pricing from Santo Domingo:
Solo Travelers Contact us
Group of 2 $150.00 (per participant)
Group of 3 $130.00 (per participant)
Group of 4 $120.00 (per participant)
Group of 5 $110.00 (per participant)
Group of 6 $100.00 (per participant)
Group of 7 $90.00 (per participant)
Group of 8 $85.00 (per participant)
Group of 9 $80.00 (per participant)
Group of 10 $75.00 (per participant)
Group from 11 to 12 $70.00 (per participant)
13 or more person private tour: Contact us
*2 Kids age 10 and under travel free. (2 adult minimum)
- Tour guide
- Light refreshments (Water, Soda, Cookies)
- Entrance fees
- Dominican Style lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
Jima Waterfalls Private Tour
7 Hours Day Tour
This full day tour begins with your hotel pick up. After a 1 hour and a half ride in our comfortable vehicles will get us to Jima, a small town at the foot of the Cordillera Central mountains in Bonao. This is the gateway to Jima Waterfalls, a series of waterfalls amidst the lush tropical vegetation
We will have a soft hike of two hours along the river and scrolling through the rugged terrain of the forest, where you can look around and enjoy the magnificent scenery. A beautiful hike through the rain forest, old cacao plantations and lush waterfalls and natural pools of the Jima river . You will enjoy a delicious lunch with the local food made by locals, knowing the real dominican food taste. From here we return to Santo Domingo.
Your tour ends at the hotel or at the original starting point in Santo Domingo.
- The recommended minimum age to Jima Waterfalls is 8 years.
- We recommend you bring comfortable clothes, closed shoes, bathing suit and towel, sunscreen, camera, extra money for tips, souvenirs and photos.
- It is not recommended for people with heart conditions, reduced mobility, disabled, or pregnant women.
- Travelling time is subject to favorable weather conditions.
- It may be necessary leave early due to bad weather.
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking.
- Times are estimates.
If you do not stay in Santo Domingo we can arrange another meeting point. Our service department can help you book a transfer or a taxi to get there, you must request it when booking this tour.
If you cancel at least 7 day (s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
All our products and itineraries are designed for you to make sustainable tourism. We are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
On This Tour
- Culture: Jima Waterfalls are located in the middle of the country, a rural area rich with traditions and very friendly lifestyle. You will visit a local community a see by yourself the rural kitchen, the patio, the dominican family of the countryside, the music and the food. Food and Refreshments are preferably made by small business or communitary clusters. We encourage our travellers to try local food made with love and passion by our suppliers.
- Nature: The waterfalls are located in a national preserve, you may have nature and wildlife interaction mainly with birds, plants and insects. We strongly encourage our travellers to enjoy nature without disturbing it and leaving the place in better conditions than we found it.
- Community: We use in this tour local services: Travel guides, local refreshments and suggest the use of attractions, activities, restaurants and accommodation of the destination.
This tour incorporates elements of a community-driven destination
We only select reliable, experts operators in each destination, which conform to our values of sustainability and solidarity . In this case we are more than happy to use tourism services and products directly from local economies. Your visit will generate a large impact on the community, ensuring sustainable development of the culture and the environment.
Do you have a larger group of 12 people? No problem, everyone fits in a Private Group trip